MOONRISE KINGDOM/WES ANDERSON
Set on an island off the coast of New England in the summer of 1965, Moonrise Kingdom tells the story of two twelve-year-olds who fall in love, make a secret pact, and run away together into the wilderness. As various authorities try to hunt them down, a violent storm is brewing off-shore and the peaceful island community is turned upside down in more ways than anyone can handle
1. Best halloween costume for a couple.
2. It feels like I’m looking at an old photo album of my parents when they were young.
3. Same posse of actors with few new editions. Note Tilda Swinton.
4. The music of the play Noye’s Fludde Anderson describes as the colour of the movie. I like that.
5. Odd but poignant take on young love
6. Cinematic fashion magic. Note red wool pendelton coat, knee high socks and racoon hat.
7. Sometimes I cried, others I laughed. Mostly I romanticised.
8. It was nominated for an Academy award for Best Original Screenplay.
9. I love saying the name of the island they lived on, New Penzance.
10. Snacks recommended for this film are homemade popcorn served in a retro bowl.